6.8.15

heart as a home



sort of broken
kind of there
mostly just broken though
i mean, my heart is still there
its just that its gone through a lot of hurricane-esque things
should have been condemned
long ago
but do you realize how stubborn i am?
do you even?
do you need me to make a cute lil list for you?
okay.
it all started with the year 2012
some would say that was a shit year for me
but its all about perspective
i mean, in some aspects, it was a totally shit year
Janury 1st, Vance killed himself
then March 3rd, my life was ripped to shreds (quite literally)
then we go a few months where we just didnt know (if i would make it, if i would walk, if i would talk, etc)
July 21st, i was discharged and that was happy
a month later, i go back to school, with a walker and a personal aide
then, 3 days before my fucking birthday, my grandma dies of lung cancer
then i have the most boring New Years ever.
then a few months later, i have the whole Preston debacle
then all my friends graduate without me
KIRSTEN'S HEART-TRAUMA
a) Vance (my first (only?) real love)
2) Brayden
c or 3 or whatever) being Tboned by a car at least 2x the size of mine
next) waking up and being told you pretty much ended your life when you ran that stop sign
5) being told you wont walk or talk or freaking function on your own
ever again.
f) proving all the haters wrong
g) living without Vance (it kills me. every damn day)
8) not being able to drive (might as well have just let me die)
9) i can handle the 2 previous on their own. by themselves.
9a) making me handle them both together?
9b) thats just rude.
anyways this is what my heart would look like. if it were a home.

and now, i have no idea why God even bothered to save my life
because i have no idea what im supposed to do with my life
which, in case you didnt know, sucks.
i feel like im supposed to be doing SOMETHING
other than just going stir crazy in my house
that reminds me, i need to email Kyle.

Quotes

a real woman can do it all by herself, but a real man won't let her.
i would rather die of passion than die of boredom.
a bad attitude is like a flat tire; you can't go anywhere till you change it.
your naked body should only belong to those who fall in love with your naked soul.
what comes easy, won't last and what lasts, won't come easy.
DEAR GOD, IF TODAY I LOSE MY HOPE PLEASE REMIND ME THAT YOUR PLANS ARE BETTER THAN MY DREAM.
today is the first blank page of a 365 book. write a good one.
listen to your heart, even if it takes you all the way to California.
i mean, i could have done my homework today, but i also could have committed murder. so there's that.
it is what it is.
at the beach, life is different; time doesn't move hour to hour, but rather, mood to moment. we move with the currents, play by the tides, and follow the sun.
its not whether you win or lose. its whether or not you have the balls to fight.
everytime i fall, i get back up again.
you dont got to lie, just keep going faster babe, faster babe, why? im on your side, just keep going faster babe, faster bye bye...you just gotta speed a little faster when you drive.
it's all a part of bein young in the two thousand somethin
i don't believe in love at first sight, i believe in makin love tonight.
love notes, written on the streets in chalk, she's a run away train, with a strut in her walk, broken glass in the gutter, yelling at your mother, on the pay phone saying you'll be back by the summer, she's with me now mama, she's with me now mama.
before youre old and wise, gotta be young and dumb.
so we give em a reason, come and catch us, but dont hold your breath.
TELL MY OLD LIFE THAT I'M LEAVIN, I'M LEAVIN RIGHT NOW.